Motivations & Goals : Interdisciplinarity is today very necessary. All the natural computing emergent techniques are applied for a large range of domains as industry, economy, medicine, etc. Computational Intelligence, includes emergent bio-inspired techniques as Evolutionary Computation, Neural Networks, Swarm Optimization, Artificial Immune Systems,Ant Colony Optimization. This task force, IET aims at promoting the study of interdisciplinarity in Emergent Technologies and its connection to Intelligence from the point of view of Computational Intelligence. The task force will promote the interdisciplinary study of emergent computation in bio-informatics, bio-physics, interdisciplinary domains of economy, medicine, industry etc. The IET task force will also be interested in the study of the new efficient techniques, including heuristics to obtain fesable results on complex real life problems. The task force will work with researchers from many domains and backgrounds: mathematics, medicine, informatics, etc. with interest in interdisciplinary approach.
General Activities. Articles for conferences and journals dedicated to Emergent Computation for example: IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence (IEEE WCCI) ; IEEE-AIS Related Workshops; FUZZ-IEEE; FSA-NAFIPS
Scope & Topics:
-Contribute to fundamental understand emergent computation.
-Contribute to Computational Intelligence approaches to interdisciplinary Emergent Technologies.
-Develop new methodologies based on natural, emergent techniques to solve complex static and dynamic real–life interdisciplinary problems.
-Promote research on emergent systems and optimization.
-A forum of collaboration for academic and industrial researchers.
- M. Balas, Aurel Vlaicu University, RO (Senior Member IEEE, Diploma IEEE Romania 2005, 2007)(Electronics, Fuzzy Systems, Control Systems, System Engineering, Computer Modeling)
- V. Palade, Coventry University, UK (S.M.IEEE, Editor for IEEE Special Issues Journals and proceedings) (Machine Learning, Computational Intelligence, Neuro-Fuzzy Systems, Neural Networks)
- E.M.Kiss, University for Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern DE (Project leader for application in economy and industry)(Software Engineering, Mobile applications, Decision Support Systems, Ontologies, Optimization)
- R.A. Ramadan, Cairo University, EG (Cofounder of IEEE Egypt CIS) (Sensor Networks, Computational Intelligence, Networks, Mobile Computing)
- M. Niazi, COMSATS Institute of IT, PK (S.M.IEEE) Ed.Chief CASM (Springer) and Int.J. Privacy and Health Inf. Manag.. (Complex Adaptive Systems, Networks, Cognitive Agent-based Computing)
- A. Avram, TU Cluj-Napoca, Doctoral student, coordonator Prof.Dr.Habil. O. Matei UT Cluj-Napoca
Valentina Balas -Aurel Vlaicu University, RO
SM-IEEE; CIS- Emergent Technologies Technical Committee Member
Mario Pavone - University of Catania, Italy
- Senior member IEEE; Editor of Conference proceedings; TaoScience Director; IEEE Artificial Immune Systems Chair
List of Emergent Technologies